CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Check-in will be held from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Saturday, June 15 at Edens Dorm on Duke’s West Campus. Check-out runs from 3 – 4 p.m. Monday, June 17 also at Edens Dorm. Please bring your key to return during check-out. If you need to arrange different check-in or check-out times, please email us at email@example.com.
Parking for both is available in the Blue Zone lot adjacent to Wallace Wade Stadium and we’ll have staff on hand to direct you to the dorm. Please note, there is construction along Towerview Drive which may impact your travel.
The commuter fee for our Junior Residential Camp includes all camp sessions, lunches, and dinners. Commuters must attend registration on the first day of camp. Commuters should plan to arrive at 8:15 a.m. and leave at 8:30 p.m. for the remaining days of camp. Drop-off and pick-up will take place at the Duke Athletic Field Complex/Cohan Fields unless otherwise notified. Parking is available first-come, first-serve in Frank Bassett Drive, the Science Drive Visitors Lot or Blue Zone.
Drop Off / Pick Up Address
148 Frank Bassett Drive | Durham, NC 27708
Commuter Drop Off & Pick Up Schedule
Day 1: Registration 10-11:30 a.m. | Pick Up: 8:30 p.m.
Day 2: Drop Off 8:15 a.m. | Pick Up 8:30 p.m.
Day 3: Drop Off 8:15 a.m. | Pick Up 3:00 p.m.
For overnight campers, there is a $125.00 key deposit due at check-in. This is to cover the cost of a replacement key should a camper lose theirs during camp. The deposit check will be returned to you in exchange for your camper’s key at check-out. Please make the check payable to Duke Soccer School for Girls and write your camper’s name on the memo line.
If you have a remaining balance, please log in to your account prior to check-in to pay the remainder. You can access your account via the Log In button in the top right corner on www.DukeSoccerSchool.com. If you have trouble paying the remainder, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All campers must have a completed medical form on file prior to the beginning of camp. If you have not already submitted your form, please email a completed copy to email@example.com. The medical form can be found here. School physicals within the past year may be substituted for the physician’s signature.
We will provide water and Gatorade at the fields. Ice is also available at the fields, but make sure your camper picks up ice before returning to the dorm at night if they need it (we do not have ice in the dorms). An athletic trainer will be on hand at all times and staying in the dorms overnight. We will have adult camp counselors staying in the dorms as well.
We are staying in Edens Dorm on Duke’s West Campus. All rooms are air-conditioned. Overnight campers and commuters will all have access to the common room during breaks. The rooms do not have refrigerators or microwaves, but campers will have access to both in the common room.
As part of camp, we will provide six meals at the Broadhead Center on campus. Please note that our first camp meal is dinner Saturday, June 15. Campers should plan to have lunch with their parents on Saturday. Our last camp meal is lunch on Monday, June 17.
At check-in, each camper will be issued a card that not only provides access to the dorm but also serves as a meal swipe. Each card is credited with one swipe per meal period that works on the purchase of an Athletic Summer Meal deal at Brodhead Center venues except Au Bon Pain.
Duke Dining identifies foods containing the eight major food allergens (wheat, dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish, nuts, peanuts, and soy, plus sesame) as well as gluten-containing foods in all of our dining locations. Campers with food allergies, intolerances, and special dietary needs should not hesitate to ask the Duke Dining service providers if they have any questions or are unclear on any food’s ingredients. If you have further dietary needs, please communicate with us prior to the start of camp.
Snacks are available during break times at the Camp Store. It is not necessary to pack extra snacks unless desired. We will also order pizza available after the evening training sessions on Saturday, June 15 and Sunday, June 16.
We will have a Camp Store open on the first floor. Campers may purchase snacks, Gatorade, water, and Duke Soccer apparel at the store. Campers who wish to order pizza for after the final session each day may do so in the camp store as well.
WHAT TO BRING
There are seven total training sessions, so plan to pack enough shorts/t-shirts/socks. Dress/street clothes are not necessary. We suggest labeling all your belongings and leaving valuable items (jewelry, computers, tablets, etc.) at home. We are NOT responsible should such items be lost or stolen.
- Key deposit check ($125.00 | Please write your camper’s name on the check)
- Bed linens (FULL SIZE) or sleeping bag
- Pillow & Blanket
- Soap, Shampoo & Conditioner
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Sunscreen (recommended)
- Shirts, Shorts & Socks
- Cleats (We will play outside on both turf and grass)
- Shin guards
- Flat-soled shoes/sneakers (To wear in dorm & dining hall)
- Soccer ball (Every camper MUST have a ball. You can bring one or purchase the Nike camp ball)
- GKs should bring gloves as well as long sleeves & pants if desired
Saturday, June 15, 2019
Sunday, June 16, 2019
Monday, June 17, 2019
- Be prompt for all sessions.
- Let a counselor know where you are at all times. Campers are not allowed to leave campus between check-in and check-out unless given permission prior to the start of camp.
- You are a mature young lady, please act like one. We do not handle discipline problems; we send them home.
- Report all injuries to the trainer as soon as they occur.
- We do not have ice in the dorms. If you need ice (for injuries only) please pick up from the trainer at the field.
- You will be in your rooms by 10:30 p.m.
- Campers are responsible for keeping their rooms clean and will be financially responsible for any damages incurred.
- Do not enter someone else’s room unless you are invited. Theft will be reported to the campus police immediately for investigation and offenders will be sent home.
- No outside persons except campers, counselors, and camper parents are allowed in the dorms at any time.
- Do not prop doors open (campers key cards have restricted access times).
- All rooms must be locked before departing the dorm.
- Lost room keys or swipe cards must be reported to a counselor immediately to ensure dorm security.
- You will automatically lose your key deposit unless the key is recovered prior to check-out.